Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has been vomiting and having diarrhea for 2 -3days

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting and having diarrhea for 2 -3days but she is still active today I noticed her gums are white I gave her water via syringe she vomited all of it back up which was about 36ml
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Toilet paper
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bella
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Bella?
Customer: The vomit is a bit foamy and yellow tinged
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 17 days ago.

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you with this...when did your dog eat the toilet paper? And did she eat anything else?

Expert:  Dr B replied 17 days ago.

Are you there?

Expert:  Dr B replied 17 days ago.

I am standing by to help you.....please answer the above questions....I also need to know how old your dog is.....

Expert:  Dr B replied 17 days ago.

Ok, I will go ahead and answer since you have not responded......If your dog ate toilet paper and certainly anything else then there could be a partial obstruction in the GI tract and this can lead to a total obstruction. At the very least continued vomiting and fluid loss through diarrhea can lead to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration. When dogs are vomiting giving oral fluids does not work.

Your dog needs to be seen by a vet, have an exam, a CBC (complete blood count), chem panel and xrays of the abdomen. And most importantly fluids need to be given either by a subcutaneous route or via IV route.

Ingestion of foreign bodies can be very dangerous and this needs to be evaluated in person by a vet. I hope this helps you but Please let me know if you need additional assistance as I check my computer every night.

Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 14 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B