Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I gave my dog trazadkne, is it ok to give asprin when I gave

Customer Question

I gave my dog trazadkne
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?
Customer: is it ok to give asprin when I gave her trazadone 4 hours ago before we went to the vets?
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Back left leg
JA: OK. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No she doesn't she is guarded of the leg
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Addy and she is 4.5
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Addy?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. No problem, it is just fine to give aspirin and Trazadone together, there is no interaction between them, these are two very different drugs.

2. A typical dose rate for aspirin in the dog would be 5 mg per pound of your dog's body weight given twice daily. The judgement whether to dose with aspirin is of course up to you but here is a link to an accurate web page with all the facts you might need including contraindications : LINK

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Addy is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the aspirin dosing issue...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.