Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

His mouth is sore and he is sobering and just doesn't feel

Customer Question

His mouth is sore and he is sobering and just doesn't feel good all over. Yorkie
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: otis. 5 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about otis?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It hurts when he tries to eat. He very weak How do I upload pictures to you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are the pictures
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you get pictures

These came through. Can you take one from the side further back, I'm only seeing the front teeth.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try

Perfect. He has some pretty substantial dental disease which is probably causing a great deal of discomfort. He could stand to have a dental cleaning performed. Because of his weakness, I would also have blood work performed with his vet to ensure there are no underlying illnesses contributing to him feeling poorly. Is he still eating well? Have you tried any bland diets, if not?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No he is not eating good

It sounds like the drooling is probably not linked to nausea then, and more than likely linked to the oral discomfort. I would move forward with an exam, blood work and a dental cleaning. We can give aspirin in a pinch to help with discomfort if no other meds are being given and the dog cannot be seen promptly. Dosing info here: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you. How is your companion doing today?