Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I have a 75 pound Husky that just at a bar of mouse

Customer Question

Hello....I have a 75 pound Husky that just at a bar of mouse poisoning containing bromethalin.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: Yes mouse poison. 1 bar of Bromethalin.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: No
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Hello, again, my name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since he ate the poison?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It has been about 2 hours.
Yes
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The active ingredient is Bromethalin.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Friend, I am sorry for the delay in response, I was offline by the time you came back. At this point inducing vomiting with peroxide will not help as the poison has likely moved out of the stomach. Bromethalin is a poison that affects the central nervous system, there is no antidote; treatment would be supportive. I would strongly recommend taking him to the nearest vet for supportive care. Unfortunately, at this stage there is not much you will be able to do at home that would have any significant therapeutic benefit, I am sorry. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 16 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter