Carole Cocagne
Carole Cocagne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinarian at Swartz Creek Veterinary Hospital
96736229

My dog has eaten ant bait granules they are tan in color

Customer Question

My dog has eaten ant bait granules they are tan in color purchased at least 2 yrs ago don't know the name or brand
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if or will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about or?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Carole Cocagne replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Dr. Carole and I'm a small animal veterinarian. I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Usually ant bait is not that toxic but since we don't know for sure what was in it I would recommend making the dog vomit with some hydrogen peroxide. !-2 tablespoons by mouth should be enough but you can repeat in 15 minutes if it doesn't work.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your questions answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.