Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I need to take fecal samples in for all three of my dogs at

Customer Question

I need to take fecal samples in for all three of my dogs at 1130a tomorrow for analysis. One of my dogs isn't a problem, she poops pretty much every trip out the door. The other two dogs poop maybe once or twice a day at the most, and sometimes that's in the evening. If I collect samples tonight (for example, I just collected one now at 730p), will it still be "fresh" enough to do a complete and accurate fecal analysis on it by 1130a tomorrow? Obviously I'll take in the latest samples I have, but what if the one I just got is the last one I'll get from that dog?
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 21 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Yes, but be sure to refrigerate the samples in a closed container. Don't let anybody else in the house think it's a new kind of meatloaf!

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Lol! Thanks :-) That's what I needed to know.

You're welcome. Ask for a vet and get Henny Youngman...