Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He ate a sneakers chocolate bar, His name is Jax, he is 1

Customer Question

he ate a sneakers chocolate bar
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** is 1 1/2 years old and weighs 15 lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Jax?
Customer: the sneakers is milk chocolate with peanuts caramel and nougat
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 18 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Jax is going to be unaffected by the amount of theobromine present in that bar. It takes ~an ounce of milk chocolate per pound of body weight to intoxicate a dog with the theobromine in the chocolate which can cause vomiting, agitation, and tremor if ingested in sufficient amount. As with ingesting anything unusual transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea can arise but Jax wasn't intoxicated. I wouldn't induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.