Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

She's a Chiquita 11 years old and we fond a fatty lamb under

Customer Question

She's a Chiquita 11 years old and we fond a fatty lamb under her front leg near her body it large and moves when touch it doesn't seem to hurt her when we touch it
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Looking now no
JA: What is the lamb's name?
Customer: It's a dog chihuahua
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the lamb?
Customer: It's not a lamb it's a dog chihuahua
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

These fatty lumps (lipomas) are relatively common and are found increasingly as our dogs age. Unless this lump is interfering with her movement, it can be left alone. We do want to know that it's truly a lipoma, however. Her vet can needle aspirate the lump and then examine the aspirate microscopically while you wait in the exam room. The fat cells making up a lipoma are easy to identify. If worrisome cells are seen instead or in addition to the fat, the aspirate can be reviewed by our pathologist for a more thorough assessment of that lump's risk and for how you might proceed - either watchful waiting or surgical resection of the lump. There are no conservative therapies that can address lumps.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?