Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog opened an ate a whole package of an Alpha Base

Customer Question

My dog opened an ate a whole package of an Alpha Base supplement
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: My dog i a rottwiler and is 2 and one half years old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: My dogs name is Tia(octavia) and is 93 pounds
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Tia?
Customer: She was a show dog and broke a tooth. Her Brother and sister are champions , mother and father grand champions and grand prent fom Germany Grand champions.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 24 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

There are quite a few Alpha Base products. My primary concern is the amount of vitamin D3 and iron in that package. Please look at the ingredient list and let me know how many IU of vitamin D3 and milligrams of iron were ingested.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
1,000 iu d3 no iron

Thank you. Tia might experience transient gastrointestinal distress from ingesting such an unusual food but wasn't intoxicated. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 21 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?