Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

She is approximately 12 years old lab pit mix she is a

Customer Question

she is approximately 12 years old lab pit mix she is a rescue has a huge mass thatcame up in her stomach area. no signs of sickness
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?
Customer: bella
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about bella?
Customer: she has arthritis in her spine and hips
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 20 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Please give me a moment to type my full response. Thank you

I need to ask a couple of questions in order to better answer. Where is the mass located? Can you post a picture? Did it become larger suddenly or has it been growing over time? Is it painful when you touch the area?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It seems like it just came up it is not painful to touch. It is right below the ribs on the right side
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am working right now so texting is best if all u r doing is charging for every answer I might as well take off and go to my vet

I am a user of this site just like you. Are you getting offered different services. I do not see the same screen as you, so not sure what the last communication is about.

It is good that it is not painful. Given her age and the location of the mass, the next step should be an aspirate with your local veterinarian. This will help determine if it is something benign like a fatty mass or something that needs to be addressed surgically like a mast cell tumor. Mast cell tumors generally start quite small but will get larger as they degranulate and cause local inflammation. It would be very unusual to have a hernia that popped up suddenly. I would definitely have her seen by your vet within the week if possible. Sooner if she is not eating normally or starts to act uncomfortable. Please ask any follow up questions. You can continue to post on this thread for a few days (without additional charge), even after rating my response. Take care

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 18 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill