Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a bichon frise 8 weeks old and she likes to eat

Customer Question

I have a bichon frise 8 weeks old and she likes to eat gumnuts from the gum tree. Will it hurt her ?? I think she has only eaten 1 or 2
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Kesha Rose
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Kesha Rose?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, we can see GI upset (vomiting, diarrhea, drooling) and lethargy when dogs overeat these. Therefore, it is best for Kesha to be kept from eating these (ie denying her access to the tree and surrounding ground, keeping the area clear of any that fall, etc) but a bit on occasion is unlikely to cause her serious harm.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Please rate me by clicking on the **stars** at the top of the page as this is the only way the site credits me for helping you. Thank you!: )