Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog has been showing some weird symptoms since last

Customer Question

Hello my dog has been showing some weird symptoms since last night. We were just having dinner right now and I called her to come over and she got up and once she reached to our table she paused started swaying side to side and fell over to the side and couldn't get up until my dad got her up and started massaging her. Can you please help me and determine what she might have or what just happened?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Flower and she is 9 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Flower?
Customer: As far as her healthy I'm not too sure of anything else. How much is this going to cost me?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 19 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What breed of dog is she?
Has she ever been diagnosed with a heart murmur?
Was she alert through the episode or fairly non-responsive?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
She's a miniature pincher. No not that I'm aware of she has been fine until these past two days. Yes, she was pretty alert when this occured.

Two things that I am concerned about:

1) Syncope (fainting) from heart problems
2) Seizure activity.

Due to the gravity of both, I would recommend having her examined and treated by your vet. At very least, blood work and chest x-rays/cardiac ultrasound would be warranted to determine if abnormalities exist on either which might explain the episode you witnessed.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 18 days ago.

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you. How is your companion doing today?