Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Thank you. My Rott has a couple of lumps on his left legs at

Customer Question

Thank you. My Rott has a couple of lumps on his left legs at the knee. one per leg, and it hurts him to walk.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: ROTTWEILER
JA: OK. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the Rottweiler?
Customer: I DONT THINK HES GETTING ENOUGH WATER. his urine is very dark. alomost orange color.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 20 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

How old is your Rottie, please? If these lumps are present in the same location in both legs, they're likely to represent proliferative bone indicating advanced osteoarthritis which would explain his pain upon walking. Can you upload a photo(s) of a lump to our conversation? You can do so by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as dropbox.com/

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'm not at home right now. No pictures.

I understand. You're welcome to return to our conversation at your convenience. Bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The one in the foreleg is about the size of two golf balls fused together.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I will get back tomorrow. When I am home. Thank you.

I misunderstood you. I thought that both hind legs were affected. Both the left front and left hind leg have these lumps, correct? If so, I have to consider neoplasia - benign or malignant growths. I'll watch for your next post tomorrow.