Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dachsunds front feet turn outward, whats wrorg? Bobbi and

Customer Question

My dachsunds front feet turn outward , whats wrorg ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dachshund's name and age?
Customer: Bobbi and he's 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Bobbi?
Customer: He seems ok other than that .Someone had mentioned some condition that started with a V
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 7 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Bobbi. Has he feet always turned outward (the term for this is valgus)? Does he walk and play pretty normally? Has he ever had discomfort with this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He seems to walk and play normal . He likes to jump a lot and that bothers me . Is this something that can be fixed ?

Thank you for that information. That is good that he's walking and playing normal! Honestly, this is just he way his bones are growing. Could it be surgically fixed? There are corrective surgeries, but I wouldn't recommend them in his situation. He's getting along great as he is and at this time, what you're seeing is more of an appearance issue. It isn't causing lameness or mobility issues and it shouldn't down the road.