Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My pekingnese poodle pom 5 years old is having an extreme

Customer Question

my pekingnese poodle pom 5 years old is having an extreme reaction to the interceptor heart worm mdicine {milbemycin oxime}given to it last night
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your pekinese can pick up. I'll have you talk to the veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the pekinese's name?
Customer: its not an infestation its a reaction to the drug I described . shes having an epileptic type siezure for the past 6 hours
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about your pekinese?
Customer: it happened 2 months ago but we didnt make the connection to the heart worm medicine til now
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 26 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. If she has been having seizures off and on for the last 6 hours you need to take her to the nearest veterinary hospital immediately. Her core body temperature will become very elevated which can be life threatening. If you do not have a vet, please post your town and state and I will find the closest er clinic to you.

Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 25 days ago.

I hope that she is better. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I will be back online in the morning. Take care.