Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog is limping. I think she may have strained her foot

Customer Question

My dog is limping. I think she may have strained her foot last night running. Shes 45 to 50 lbs. Can I give her a crushed up tyleno?l
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: yes. There nothing in it. She is 7 1/2 She was running in woods yesterday. Not even terrain
JA: The veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Jasmine
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Jasmine?
Customer: No
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

Please do not administer tylenol which can be very hard on the liver and kidneys. The only safe pain medication over the counter is aspirin.

An aspirin dose for dogs is 5 mg/ pound every 12 hours with food

Please let your veterinarian know that you have administered aspirin if you take your pet into the office because it will effect what medications would be dispensed since aspirin requires a “washout period” of 48+ hours prior to changing to another non steroidal such as rimadyl, metacam, previcox.

Administer aspirin with food and if you note any reduced appetite, vomiting, diarrhea with administration then please discontinue its use.

You can also do soft massage of the area and rotate warm and cool compresses in 10 minute intervals as well to provide relief

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 20 days ago.

Good evening, I hope you were able to view my responses last night and Jasmine is more comfortable. I would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!