Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our Chi woke us 4 days ago fine. All of sudden he was so

Customer Question

Our Chi woke us 4 days ago fine. All of sudden he was so lethargic. Took him to vet. They ran all kinds of tests. all came out normal They put him on Famotidine and Mirtazapine. Got worse. Went to a branch of the same Hospital and saw a different Dr. Gave him a shot of Cerenia and has him on a stool softener . (Bowel is Packed) Also changed his diet to MRX Hills Canine Low Fat GI Restore.. 2 days now and no better. Cries when he is touched.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help Low. Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Low?
Customer: No They have all the symptons . I have explained everything to them.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Has he been passing stool normally since treatment was started?

Any appetite loss or vomiting?

What tests were actually done?

Does he seem tender in his belly? Or anywhere else?

When he cries, is there a certain body part that is particularly sensitive?