Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog was vomiting about 10 days ago. Took her to the vet

Customer Question

My dog was vomiting about 10 days ago. Took her to the vet and he said she had been poisoned from her flea treatment. Gave her antibiotics and a symbiotic paste and special tinned food. She seemed to be getting better but today she is not eating and every time she drinks she vomits (looks like clear phlegm) She seems to be clearing her throat all the time. The vets are closed today and I am in a new area. Any advise?
JA: Did you see what your dog ate?
Customer: The vet said it was definitely the pipete I used for flea treatment.
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: I don't think so. Like I said, she seemed to be on the mend. But today she is definitely not right.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
She is about 10 years old. A mongrel that we took in from the street. Never had any health problems other than a gum infection several years ago.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 22 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How is your companion doing at this current time? Any changes?