Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We have an Irish Setter and a Gordon Setter that are both

Customer Question

We have an Irish Setter and a Gordon Setter that are both very protective over their butts. Tail between their legs and when we try to probe around the Gordon you can tell that it hurts her. The Gordon is more vocal, whimpering and can't get comfortable and panting. They were both playing and swimming all day in the yard, but did not notice that they ate anything unusual.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: There are two dogs. Raven is a 3 year old Gordon Setter and Rienzi is a 2.9 year old Irish Setter.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Raven?
Customer: No, normally healthy. They were playing in the yard all day. We thought maybe they ate a hot pepper off a pepper plant and that is why their butts are sensitive and why their tails are between their legs.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 28 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. How are your companions doing at this current time? Any changes?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
We took them to the emergency vet last night. Both were diagnosed with Limber tail.

I am glad to hear they were examined and diagnosed. We typically have a faster turn around rate, but nights are typically sparsely staffed. My greatest apologies there. I will have one of our customer care staff issue you a refund.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks!

Absolutely.