Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog is on denamarin 425 mg twice a day. He weighs 97

Customer Question

My dog is on denamarin 425 mg twice a day. He weighs 97 pounds. I accidently gave him two pills tonight. Is there any reason i should be concered?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 28 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! Please give me a few moments to type my response and I will be right back!

Luckily this supplement will have no deleterious effects if a double dose is administered. At the worst you will see some loose stools in the next 24 hours so perhaps adding white rice to meals will help reduce this risk but otherwise I suspect you won't see any issues with this administration, especially with his size.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 27 days ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I wanted to check in to ensure there were no issues with the double dose of denamarin yesterday and would love an update when you are able

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 24 days ago.
Hi Amanda,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman