Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Both of her back legs jerk, paddle - makes it hard to get up

Customer Question

both of her back legs jerk, paddle - makes it hard to get up sometimes
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tag is about 12years old. We found her as a stray so don't know her exact age.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Tag?
Customer: Nothing else, she is very active and weighs 32 lbs. the same weight when we found her. Eats good, drinks water.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Is your companion currently on any oral medications?

How long have you owned her?

Can you post video of what you are seeing?

How does she do once she's standing?

Do you need a phone call, JACustomer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
she has allergies so our vet prescribed predisone 5 mg. every 3rd day. We give an over the counter allergy tablet, but every day. We have had Tag since Oct. 2005. This condition started not frequently but once in awhile. condition started about 4 mos ago. My husband would wipe her paws to bring her in the house. Wiping her rear paws would start jerking . I could stop this by holding the paws. In the beginning this happened once in awhile. Now it is almost every time. She can still jump up and down very strongly at the gate. Being an older dog I do not run her but we take 3 maybe 4 walks a day about a quarter mile. I can massage her all over. This does not appear to bother her hips and rear legs.

Are you able to share a video showing the episodes since they happen so frequently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if we don't hear from a vet the $19.00 charge must be credited back to our credit card

I'll be happy to opt out and see if one is available. Good luck.