Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He won't eat. He is just lying around. Will drink water and

Customer Question

He won't eat. He is just lying around. Will drink water and go outside for potty. He has not pooped sonce yesterday and it was just a little and somewhat loose. He is a mix and weighs 50 lbs. He is 12 years old. This has been going on since early yesterday morning.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Hia name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Rebel?
Customer: He learned how to get in the trash can. Thwre is no evidence that he got in there recently and i have been careful to keep him out there was something on the floor yesterday morning. I couldn't tell if ot was vomit or diarrhea.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

Is he still drinking water? Can you check his gum color for me? Is taking him to the vet today an option if I think it is needed?