Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog got sick a week ago Wednesday. He had loose stools

Customer Question

My dog got sick a week ago Wednesday. He had loose stools from Wed to Mon. Took him to the ER vet on Sunday and he thought Benji might have an allergy because he also had an ear infection. As of yesterday he no energy and his regular vet could not find anything wrong, Today when he went outside I found him eating the grass under the deck, which I think he may have eaten that Wed. The grass I find is white and I think that is a powdery mildew. I'm told no by friends. I'm finding out tomorrow for sure. What I would like to know is how sick would this make him?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Benji and he just turned 9 Oct 26
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Benji?
Customer: The only thing I can think of is he ate my daughters Yorkie canned food. He also was eating the cats wet food. Had to put up gates so he couldn't get to the cats food, but of he was able to slip through the little opening. My daughter in law put up Velcro straps to make the opening smaller Yes, he was able to get in, but found it a little troublesome, so he stays out now. Benji is part poodle and ahlso. Weight went to 26 pounds and is now down to 23.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 22 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Has Benji had any blood work performed during this time?

When did he consume the cat food and yorkie's food?