Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I believe he may have eaten a Valsartan-HCTZ 160-25 MG Tab

Customer Question

I believe he may have eaten a Valsartan-HCTZ 160-25 MG Tab of my med that I dropped and cannot find.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is a pit that weighs about 75 LB
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: I do not see anything else
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 3 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. The chances are this will not be a serious incident in a dog of your one's size. At this dose rate my experience is that you may perhaps see an increased rate of urination for the next 12 hours or so, but I would not expect worse that that. So the chances are you will not be taking any great risk in just monitoring your dog for present if he indeed did swallow this tablet.

2. However any odd symptoms do occur then you should have your dog checked over by an ER vet without delay. In your case expected side effects would include lethargy and incoordination. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you for your response

No problem, very glad to be advising you ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Valsartan issue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He seemed to be just fine I found part of the pill so I think he may have spit it out somewhere. thanks

Great news ! Thanks so much for the update ...

Regards,

Dr Scott