How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gabby Your Own Question
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 12061
Experience:  DVM 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gabby is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dog ingested polysynthetic silver thermal compound then

Customer Question

dog ingested polysynthetic silver thermal compound then threw up 4 times he seems alright from 2 days ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: should a blood test for his kidneys
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for asking your question. My name is***** will try to help.

Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 6 months ago.

I see you have been waiting for an answer and I am going to give you the information to contact ASPCA poison control. Because they will be able to tell you if the polysynthetic silver is toxic and what actions need to be take. That is not something dogs commonly ingest.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control

In general though anytime they eat something possibly toxic a blood test is a good idea to see if the internal organs are inflamed or affected.

I would talk to poison control first because although there is a fee of $65 it is still less expensive than going to the vet for blood work if you do not have to do that.

I hope that helps.