Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog threw up a little liquid/foam a couple times and

Customer Question

My dog threw up a little liquid/foam a couple times and afterwards was wheezing and very lethargic. We took her to the walk in care near us and the wait was very long and while waiting it was obvious she was fine. She hasn't thrown up or wheezed since and is still acting normal but I am still concerned the wheezing was something to be worried about. Is it ok to assume she is fine if I don't hear it again?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Typically if symptoms resolve on their own you should not have to worry about there being persistent problems, but it does make us worry about what might have caused the original wheezing. At least for now, keep an eye out for this to start again. If it does, take a quick video and then use this same thread to contact me again and I'll see what I can do to help with the symptom otherwise if there are no longer symptoms the wait-and-watch approach should be fine for now.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing today? Improvements? Do you need additional assistance?