Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has tiny drops of blood coming out of his pee pee,

Customer Question

He has tiny drops of blood coming out of his pee pee
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Pickles and he's two years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Pickles?
Customer: Not that I know of except for he just got his second round of shots last weekend well they only give him half I have to go back in December to get the other half because he's very small
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 4 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

If Pickles is intact (not neutered) the blood you're seeing is most likely due to acute prostatitis which is best addressed by castration and a couple of weeks of an antibiotic that penetrates into the prostate well. Less commonly, a simple urinary tract infection, trauma to the urinary tract, or urinary calculi (stones) will be found. Pickle's vet will want to perform a thorough physical exam including rectal palaption of Pickles's prostate gland and complete urinalysis.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He is not had them chopped yet and I was just having a conversation about having him neutered with his vet this past weekend. Thank you for your input and I know what I have to do now.

You're quite welcome. It sounds as if your conversation was quite timely! I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.