Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Throwing up gace him yellow wax beens is that ok, yes i gave

Customer Question

Throwing up gace him yellow wax beens is that ok
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: yes i gave him a small piece of a payday it had peanuts and a bit of carmal in it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: can they eat yellow string beans?
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cooper 9 months
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 26 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Which occurred first? The wax beans being consumed or vomiting?

Were these raw? cooked? Did they have anything like butter added?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Wax beans ate first
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I can hear his

There is a very good chance that the vomiting is due to the change In diet with the food. Try to give only a few tips from beans at a time.

The first step is to administer a dose of regular pepcid (famotidine) every 12-24 hours. You will want to give 0.5mg/pound of body weight (a 10# ***** would receive 5mg, a 5# ***** would receive 2.5mg, etc). For this, you can visit any human pharmacy and buy the OTC brand name Pepcid, or you can use the cheaper, off-brand “famotidine” that’s available. Either will be useful.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I can hear his stomach growling but he is not crying in pain and walking around and going up and down the stairs

Were you able to see my reply above?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I need to know how a dog would act if in pain?

Typically if painful we see that they will vocalize but GI discomfort is common with upsets. He would likely not want his abdomen to be touch, might growl if approached, might also walk hunched up to protect his abdomen, etc. The famotidine as mentioned above should help with the growling stomach noises, as well

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 25 days ago.

Checking in, JACustomer. I didn't hear back from you yesterday. How is your companion doing today? Improvements? Do you need additional assistance?