Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I also have a 6 month mastiff that I have caught literally

Customer Question

I also have a 6 month mastiff that I have caught literally squatting to pee on her bed in the crate. I have tried blankets pads... then there is the smell of urine. She also doesn't seem to associate going outside to pee. she is either with family in the kitchen or in her crate... if not outside. Not sure how to correct this problem
JA: Is this new behavior?
Customer: No ever since we got her as a puppy 6 weeks old
JA: Have there been any changes in the dog's appearance or diet?
Customer: Well I think she either had a flea or food allergy.. severe scratching to point furfalling out
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: I did discuss with her vet concern about scratching, she thought it was a flea allergy. Went to pet store lucky found someone very knowledgeable recommended change diet . new balance .fish. I tried a grain free just recently chicken and rice she had severe diarrhea. for 2 days. Since back on new balance salmon and giving salmon oil daily. doing well now She looks real good, her weight is good & coat is beautiful
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 28 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

At 6 months old, she still a puppy and is going to have accidents. That said, if you're seeing more accidents than are typical with a puppy of her age, have you had a urinalysis performed to check for a urinary concern like an infection?