Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Can my dog catch my cold, nothing is wrong with my dog but I

Customer Question

can my dog catch my cold
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: nothing is wrong with my dog but I have a cold and should I stay away
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: frpm my dog
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about your dog?
Customer: no
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 29 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Sorry to hear you have a cold, but the good news is that human respiratory diseases such as colds and flu do not affect dogs, they only affect humans so your dog should be just fine.

2. The situation is that the viruses which cause these diseases are very what is called host specific, meaning they only affect one particular species.

3. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 28 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning human colds ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.