Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My friend had a cat hat has had a bumpmon its head for

Customer Question

My friend had a cat hat has had a bumpmon its head for awhile. Recently it has started growing. Its hard but can be wiggled.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 27 days ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern about your friend's cat. I do have a few additional questions to ask about him first if you don't mind:

1. I'm assuming that you can't provide a picture, correct? But if you can, the following link walks you through the process of posting it to the site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

2. Can you give me an idea of the size of it?

3. Does it have hair on it? If not, what color is it?

Thanks, Deb

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Sorry about the horrible typing im at work. The cat is three the buml is white with no hair on it
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 27 days ago.

No worries about the spelling/typing since I understood what you were trying to convey:)

Of course, I can't know entirely for sure but it sounds as if this may not be anything too serious since he's such a young cat. I tend to worry more when older cats develop non-haired masses but at three, this may just be a cyst or wart which is enlarging (which they sometimes will do).

But, it's often not possible to determine what a lump or bump might be based on feel or visualization alone. Usually cells need to be aspirated and examined under a microscope or sent off to a pathologist for review if there's any question about what the lump might be.
And, when it comes to treatment options, we are somewhat limited....we either monitor them, freeze them off if small enough, or surgically remove them.
I wouldn't necessarily consider this to be an emergency situation. I might encourage your friend to have it checked out since it's getting larger but they don't have to take him to an emergency hospital.

I hope this helps. Deb