Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Same situation as listed. My yorkie puppy fell from my arms

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, same situation as listed. My yorkie puppy fell from my arms onto his side on concrete. I am 4'8 and was holding him at chest level so about 3 feet I would guess. He ate and used the bathroom as normal and was fine when I bathed him but I'm still nervous
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Milo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Milo?
Customer: no he's healthy otherwise and has had his 8 week shots. He is 10 weeks not *now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** I'm sorry to hear about this fall with this little one. I'm going to be very honest and say that this situation doesn't sound like a bad one at all. I've unfortunately seen at my ER this same situation happen and the little one ends up breaking a limb. This is typically the injury that will happen if anything is going to happen. With him not having any lameness and him eating after the accident, I wouldn't be worried at all with him. He may be a little sore from the fall, but this is something that time and rest will most likely be the tincture for.