Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 year old dog has started leaking urine, drink a lot of

Customer Question

My 7 year old dog has started leaking urine, drink a lot of water, increased appetite, and panting. Vet tested urine (normal) also did blood work for cushings. He gave her a medicine for urine control but doesn't seem to be working.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Libby
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Libby?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Can you attach a copy of the blood work that was recently performed on Libby?
2) What medication is being used at this time and for how long have you been giving it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Something like pronin I am not at home so don't have the bottle in front of me. I do not have a copy of the blood work. It was suppose to test a wide a range of things

Proin is likely the name. I will need more information from that bottle as well. Can you send the following information at your convenience:

1) How much does your pup weigh?
2) How many milligrams of the proin is being given at each dosage and how many doses are given each day?
3) How long have you been giving this medication?
4) On any other meds?

It would be helpful to have a copy of the bloodwork to view, too, but we can also skip and assume that all is normal.