Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have 2 - eight week old standard schnauzers for the last 5

Customer Question

I have 2 - eight week old standard schnauzers for the last 5 days now. We started 3 time a day feeding routine yesterday instead of free feeding and that has got the poo'ing a bit more under control however we can not get their urinating under control. Work from home and are using housebreaking method taking them out very often and started training treats yesterday but they continue to pee excessively in the house - restricted their water a bit yesterday but then they gorge because they are thirsty and that doesn't work- they are brother and sister and are constantly wrestling pretty aggressively then tonight after one of their long aggressive bouts after peeing and pooing outside they came in and each peed literally 8 more times in an hour on the floor and carpet. Only one each was small spot the rest are very clear in color and size of softballs puddles. What is your opinion?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) Has this been addressed medically yet with a urinalysis?
2) Do you feel their water consumption is excessive?
3) Are they the only puppies in the litter?