Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

French bulldog 4 yrs old peed with blood, thank you any

Customer Question

french bulldog 4 yrs old peed with blood
JA: Possible urinary tract infection. The veterinarian will know how to help the French bulldog.
Customer: thank you any signs we should look for?
JA: Have there been any changes in appearance or diet?
Customer: change in diet. color spotting changes all over body. a large coagulation of blood (bruise) under her skin around diaphragm (left side)
JA: Is there anything else you think the vet should know?
Customer: just noticing. all of this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl. The combination of blood in the urine, bruising of the skin and color splotching makes me very concerned about a possible blood clotting/coagulopathy issue here. Is there any rat poison she could have gotten in to over the last few days? Have you noticed any other symptoms?

I will wait to hear from you.

Dr E

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She does urinate all the time usually, but she is very territorial. As for rat poison, she only goes to the dog park which she has gone to everyday for 2 months now.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has allergies from food usually but she has been eating this food for a few weeks
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 month ago.

Ok - thanks for that. The fact she has a combination of bruising under the skin and blood in her urine is definitely a cause for concern regarding a potential clotting issue. I am typing up a response on a few things you need to keep an eye on to get an idea of whether you need to get her seen tonight or not. I will get back to you in 5 - 10 minutes.

Dr E