How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 4997
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just ate some type of thing that fell off a tree.

Customer Question

My dog just ate some type of thing that fell off a tree. It's round and red and soft and kind of orange is red color
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today

I'm sorry for this concern about your dog.

Approximately, how long ago did he ingest this object?

About how large in diameter was it?

How is he behaving since he ate it?

How much does he weigh?

Thanks, Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was able to take him to a vet, they said it is not toxic. It's a berry from a strawberry tree. It may give him diareia but he should be fine. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

That's fantastic news:)...and thanks for letting me know.

I was going to speculate that more than likely, he didn't ingest anything toxic and that gi signs such as diarrhea might be seen so I'm glad that your vet and I are on the same page.

I'll ask my moderator to close this question so that you won't be charged for it.

Best of luck with him. Regards, Deb

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 month ago.

You're welcome. Deb