Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog just neutered today. And near his front top leg, his

Customer Question

Hi, my dog just neutered today. And near his front top leg, his skin is sagging and it looks like a water bag inside his skin. Is it from the IV fluid? They put the IV on his back, because he ripped it out of his leg.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: no there is no wound
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Teddy, and he is 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Teddy,?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a photo of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Heres the photo, it feels like a water balloon and every jiggly.

The good news is that this is normal and expected. The fluid they gave under the skin will tend to gravitate downward with time. It can take up to 24 hours for SQ fluids to be fully absorbed. Do not be alarmed by the presence of this fluidy area, it should slowly regress with time and here within about 24 hours it should be fully absorbed and no longed sagging.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Teddy today?