jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

Her stomach is gurgling and she can't seem to get

Customer Question

Her stomach is gurgling and she can't seem to get comfortable
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lucy she is 4 and a pug
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Lucy?
Customer: Idk she is always with me except when I work she is on a healthy diet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 month ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

Many things including gas, something they ate, parasites or even bad bacteria in the stomach can cause stomach noises. You can give your dog some pepcid. Read about dosages and usage information here:

http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/famotidine-pepcid

Adding good bacteria to your dog's stomach can aid in the digestion and cut down on stomach noises as well. I use a spoonful of plain unflavored yogurt on my dog's food to keep good bacteria in their stomach, but there are products, such as Prozyme, that can be purchased at your pet store to aid digestion. If these stomach noises continue over a period of time, you will want your Vet to check her over as other conditions can cause stomach noises as well.

Gas-x can be used if you feel gas is the issue.

http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/gas-x-for-dogs/

If her stomach is bloated, please respond and let me know as that might indicate a different issue.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.

Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 29 days ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Customer
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 25 days ago.

Hi Again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your dog. Let me know if my answer was helpful.