Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

Shes been suffering from UTIS since the beginning of the

Customer Question

shes been suffering from UTIS since the beginning of the year ive been in out the vet clinic to point i maxed out my credit cards
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: she has been doing well past months till about week ago shes urinating yellow, orange and now green
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: shes constantly squatting to urinate frequesntly
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: shes active, shes eating her skin coat is healthy her behavior is normal is just the constant urination urge
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: 7 name Diva
JA: How old is Diva?
Customer: 7 she is not spayed
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Diva?
Customer: he knows everything he himself doesnt know what is really wrong he clasifies it as UTI or possible stone shes had numerous testing done
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 26 days ago.

I am sorry that Diva has had such a hard time lately.

Has she seen a specialist for this issue? What diagnostics have been performed? Has she had x-rays and or an ultrasound to rule out stones? has she had a urine culture performed (before and after antibiotics) to make sure that the antibiotic is the right one and the infection is really gone once the antibiotics have stopped?

Have you employed other treatments such as nitrofurantoin or cranberry extract?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Per your questions, yes she's had all those exams n her get is not even ear if is a uti he ruled out stones said shes suffering from very severe uti ...antibiotics it worked temporarily I stop the antibiotics because I couldn't afford them, I started giving her coconut oil m switched her food she was doing ok till now... no I hAve not tried any other treatments
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 26 days ago.

It sounds like she may benefit with a consult with a specialist in internal medicine. A urine culture should be performed to see if there is an infection and if the culture is negative then other considerations should be a stone that doesn't show up on x-rays, a deep infection in the wall of the bladder (with no bacteria in the urine), urinary crystals, chronic vaginitis or something else causing her to feel like she has to urinate frequently. You can speak to your vet about a referral or call the nearest speciality hospital to make an appointment. that would be my best recommendation to get some answers and treat her appropriately. If you cannot afford to do this, I recommend speaking to your vet about alternative treatments such as supplements, a prescription urinary diet or other non-antibiotic methods of treating bladder infections.

Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 23 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Ellie