Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog just ate 12.5 mg of pristiq (half of my half of 25 I

Customer Question

My dog just ate 12.5 mg of pristiq (half of my half of 25 I tried giving him teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide he is 10lbs but did not vomit
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bunker
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Bunker?
Customer: no he's 2 and just came back from a wellness visit blood work is perfect
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long ago did he eat this?

How long ago did you try the peroxide?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ate 15 minutes ago tried peroxide right away maybe 10 minutes ago
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Thank you.

Now based on your history, this is a 2.8mg/kg dose that he has had. Thankfully that is a low dose and we often don't see signs (ie neurological signs) unless they have a much higher dose.

Therefore, while we can induce vomiting (though he'd need 2tsp at his weight) or use activated charcoal but these aren't really necessary. So, you can choose to just keep an eye on Bunker and address any potential GI upset from the peroxide with a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. But again this is thankfully a very low dose and we'd not expect harm here.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 28 days ago.
Hi Jc,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.