Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

He won't eat hasn't eat in 3 ,days, His name Is Skippy and I

Customer Question

He won't eat hasn't eat in 3 ,days
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name Is ***** ***** I think he's about two yrs old I'm not sure he was gave to me
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Is Skippy?
Customer: He just lays around not active at all he's very weak
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 27 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 27 days ago.

I am sorry to learn Skippy is not feeling well. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
He goes outside so I'm not sure
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 27 days ago.

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 27 days ago.

Lisa, lethargy and decreased appetite are very non-specific symptoms and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect dogs. Unfortunately, on history only it will not be possible for me to pinpoint the exact underlying cause without a hands-on exam and some testing. But, common possible causes could be infections, ingestion of a foreign body, kidney or liver disease, etc. to name a few causes. In this case, Skippy will need a hands-on examination by a vet, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as an initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on clinical and diagnostic findings. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. If cost is a concerned I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter