Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a Rottweiler and I just took him outside. We have

Customer Question

I have a Rottweiler and I just took him outside. We have raccoons in the area and he drank two licks of water from on top of a trash can.
Should I make him through up just to. E safe???
And if so how do I do it safely???
Hydrogen peroxide ???
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 30 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question concerning Tonka. I'm going to be honest here and say that I wouldn't feel he needs to have vomiting induced. More than likely there isn't going to be anything in that water on the trash can that is going to be a health issue for him. The chance of him picking up something from the raccoons from that are extremely unlikely. If he had specifically eaten some foreign material of certain types or chemicals / poisons / products, then inducing vomiting in a prompt manner may be something that is part of a treatment protocol for that. There are dogs everywhere that are in environments that are drinking water that has had raccoons somewhere in the not too distant environment. I wouldn't again be concerned with this. Does this make sense?