Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog just ate a small portion of Cat mouse killer, Wilbur

Customer Question

my dog just ate a small portion of Tom Cat mouse killer
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Wilbur is a 25 pound mini-Schnauzer mix and he is 8-9 yrs old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Wilbur?
Customer: he's a great dog and in fine health (up until this)
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This can be very toxic to your sweet Wiibur so if he has ingested this within 2 hrs, you need to induce vomiting by giving Wilbur 5 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide or concentrated salt water. If he has not vomited within 15 minutes, do it again. You can safely do this 3 times. This wil remove all of the toxin from Wilbur's system and he will be fine. If it has been longer than 2 hrs, then take him immediately to the nearest vet clinic for treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****