Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

She's losing hair on either side of her back near by not at

Customer Question

She's losing hair on either side of her back near by not at the haunches
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Daisy. She's 4 today
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Daisy?
Customer: . She's really healthy and active. But she has been a little more nervous than usual lately
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are a number of conditions that can cause this type of symmetrical hair loss. If sweet daisy is scratching, then this may be due to an allergic reaction that will respond to Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. If there is no scratching, then this may be caused by a thyroid condition that will require blood work and diagnostics by your vet and subsequent treatment depending on the results. Try the Benadryl on Daisy first for a few days to see if this will help. If it does not, take her to your vet for an exam and lab work.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****