Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is 8 yrs old and she has food alergies, a week ago

Customer Question

My dog is 8 yrs old and she has food alergies, a week ago she ate a Tootsie Roll that one of the kids dropped... she is now lethargic and trembling , she wont drink and now she will not eat... she is suffering , had this anything to do with the chocolate Tootsie Roll she ate ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** yelps when petted or sometimes when she moves...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the veterinarian should know about Joey?
Customer: She is on medication for Thyroid, along with Food Allergies and now the Dr placed her on 75 mg of Tramadol every 8 hours when needed.. ( for pain) this seems to be quite a high dose for a dog of 23 lbs... She is a cock-a-poo... just last week she was running around like a puppy now she hardly moves.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to learn Joey is not feeling well. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

3- Why is she on Tramadol?

4- Besides the tootsie roll, did she eat anything out of the ordinary?