Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is screaming in pain, He is 4- this has been going on

Customer Question

My dog is screaming in pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is 4- this has been going on for a month- we've had him to 3 different vets - his name is***** vet thought pinched nerve and gave us prednisolone and muscle relaxer for him. After 2 weeks w no improvement we went back and we're given more meds & they suggested seeing a specialist. We took him to another vet who did rads - which were normal- laser treatment, and chiropractic adjustment.
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Romeo?
Customer: this helped slightly. They increased meds and added more steroids
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
These are his meds. He's out of the prednisolone. We've tried to keep him crated so he can rest. He's had accidents in his crate bc he doesn't want to move.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
He is pacing around
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 29 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

His back is clearly causing him a great deal of pain. Have you been to see a specialist yet to have more diagnostics than just rads performed?