Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I was giving my dogs their allergy meds before bed. II place

Customer Question

Hi, I was giving my dogs their allergy meds before bed. II place it in a little bit of canned cat food. My big dog was prescribed 16mg of Apoquel, but I cut it in half and give him a tiny bit of Prednisone. Well, he dropped a bit outnof his mouth and my little 8pound dog grabbed it. I don't know if there was anytany pill in it as I didn't have my glasses on. I had already given my 8 pound dog her dosage of Temaril.if my small dog got anything should it be a problem?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is your dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: My big dog only dropped a bit of cat food out of his mouth, it loosly contained the Prednisone (only a tiny bit) and the apoquel, 8mg, like insaid, don't know if my small dog got just cat food or if there was a pillnon it.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: My small dog is around 10, just shy of 8pounds
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Bug
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Bug?
Customer: She had taken 1/4 tablet of temaril p which was prescribed. No bleeding, it just happened a few minutes ago. I was contemplating making her vomit but thought that could be dangerous and perhaps not necessary.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

What dose was the Prednisone (mg)?

And the the other dogs Temeril P?

How is Bug just now?