Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

I have a miniature poodle he is 10 years old he is so scared

Customer Question

Hello I have a miniature poodle he is 10 years old he is so scared of everything from the wind to a fly or any sort of movement he was like this as a pup but grew out of it he has become so much worse in the last twelve months he freaks out on everything I am so worried as of what to do please can you help with Charlie I am at my wits end
Thanking
No you
Iris Liversidge
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Gary. I've been practicing veterinary medicine since 2007. I look forward to helping with your questions/ concerns.

Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

The best thing to do with him is to establish a relationship with a veterinary behaviorist. They can work with him, and more importantly work with you to give suggestions on how to correct these behaviors.

To find a behaviorist, you can follow this link:

http://www.dacvb.org/about/member-directory/

If you want a medical option, there are many behavior modification meds that can help. The most commonly used these days is Trazodone. Xanax and Prozac are also commonly used. Many are used lifelong for these dogs.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What a rip off you are I paid $27 to be told nothing or I can pay $37 for a phone call when I wanted to ask dr Harry a question you have been no help at all I will be cancelling my paymrnt
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 3 months ago.

I can opt out for other vets to chime in.