Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My pup has the black tarish stuff in his ears others have

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Peter,
My pup has the black tarish stuff in his ears others have written about, but he also has it above his nose and it's obvious that it hurts him. Last week I saw him burying a bone in the yard, so I thought it was just dirt around his nose. then when I went to clean it off I figured out it wasn't dirt at all. I've taken him to the vet for his chronic ear infections (due to very small canals) many times, but this is the first time I've seen it above his nose. When you have suggested to others to clean the dogs ears, you don't mean for me to pull it off of his nose, are you? My vet has told me the black tarish stuff is dried blood, because of the ear mites, but nose mites, I've never heard of. Oliver is an 11 year old Brussels Griffon.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 months ago.
Hello,I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Camille
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.

Hi Claudia, I am sorry for the delay in response I was off and just logged in. How long has he had the lesion on the nose?