DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

My dog was running in the woods playing with another dog

Customer Question

my dog was running in the woods playing with another dog when suddenly he yelped. I could see him so I could see there was nothing in particular that happened either with the dog or him falling etc we got him back and checked him out and couldn't find any areas of pain. He walked and ran fine but when he went to go to the bathroom he wasn't comfortable lifting his leg on the right side
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes. No visible wounds anywhere
JA: The veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rain and 14 months
JA: Is there anything else the veterinarian should be aware of about Rain?
Customer: no. He is a siberian husky cross and weighs 63 lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. I am sorry to hear that Rain sustained an injury. Let me see if I can help.

If Rain is able to walk and jog normally then it may just be that he tweaked his leg while playing or perhaps his knee or hip based on the fact that you said he had some trouble lifting his leg sideways. Do check very carefully for any broken toenails or injuries between the toes. Otherwise...try to have him rest for 24 hours. No running jumping or heavy play (I know thats hard with a young dog) but do the best you can. If he is still significantly painful in 24 hours (or after this weekend) then get him in to see a vet.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.